Well firstly i gotta say Happy New Year to everyone, hope you had a great one wherever you spent it.
So 2008 was it a success or not, Well one thing is for sure it was a really hectic year for me, moving house, getting a new job, losing said new job and just other life stuff meant it was a busy time indeed, But on the poker front ive managed to keep upto date of where i am with profit and loss which is a major plus for me, usually i just sack it off and leave it but no kept upto date records of how much ive put on and how much ive taken off.
On that front it shows the totals as:
Sept = +£589.15
Oct = +£1335.28
Nov = -£548.58
Dec = +£510.21
Total = + £1886.06
So if it wasnt for the horror month of November id be up well over £2k which would have been a nice little bonus on top of any wages i was getting. I think looking back i spent too much time messing around at stakes that were peanuts 5c 10c PLO for example, i dont know if its just me but i seem to play worse at lower stakes than i do at stakes i take a shot at, i mean look at October for example i took a couple of shots at the $2.50 $5 games with reasonable sucess, My main problem i feel that is holding me back is the lack of a bankroll.
Instead of a roll i play with whatever is in my bank account, which really isnt the best way to sustain poker it should be money set aside for poker, then you arent playing with scared money i guess if its needed for other things.
So aims for 2009
1. LEARN TO DRIVE ASAP! ( its so annoying not driving and this needs to be sorted asap)
2. GET FIT AND LOSE 1 1/2 STONE ( started taking up sports reffing again and im currently 16st 7lb which is no good!)
3. PAY OFF ALL DEBTS (After Chritmas has taken its toll ive maxed my CC for 2k and into my overdraft of 1k)
4. GET AND KEEP AN ONLINE ROLL ( Earn / Win enough money to be able to keep a roll online and not play with life money)
5. DONT TILT!!! ( looking back at HH its easy to spot tilt when ive just spunked off a load of money i didnt need to keeping this in control will maximise my winnings whilst cutting my loses!)
Well those 5 will do for now i can think of plenty more but id just be boring you all.
Anyways all the best for 2009